Saturday, July 16, 2016

I Will Miss Barack Obama



" All of us, we make mistakes. And at times we are lost. And as we get older, we learn we don't always have control of things - not even a president does. But we do have control over how we respond to the world. We do have control over how we treat one another. "    
                                                                                                                                - Barack Obama



I have to confess that I am going to miss Barack Obama as our president very much. I wish there was a way that he could stay and just give speeches on a regular basis, and not always when there is a tragedy. He has shown such class, and loving family man, and still has a sense of humor after eight years of Republican abuse that has been raised to a level we have never seen before openly in public.

We have learned that white crackers like Mitch McConnell don't like taking orders from a black man, and their willingness to go to incredible lengths to make sure that nothing of Obama's agenda gets done, that nothing that he has done will stay, and none of his future plans ever bear fruition. I believe that this white backlash has opened up the wound between the black communities and white cops. Cell phones have helped record the killing of innocent men by fearful and racist cops, who are then protected by the system and they never have to take responsibility for their actions beyond the court of public opinion.

Or we can blame how scary black men are to old white guys because of the fake gangster mentality fostered by rap music, though I remember being quite shocked when I first heard the song Cop Killer while driving through Oakland around midnight, it gave me chills...

Whatever bullshit theory we may have, we haven't been able to sit down at some imaginary table and begin to talk things out. Maybe Obama could become a czar of race relations, or at least do some stand-up comedy once a month and tell sly jokes like he has done each year at the White House Correspondents Dinner. I will miss that. Even more, I will miss how eloquent his speeches are, how they always speak to the truth of the matter, and like a good preacher and a good politician should, inspire us to do better.

He is such a good person that I get mad whenever some conservative with a stick up their butt disses him on the news shows, spouting made up lies that have previously been debunked but they have to say it, and if they say it long enough and loud enough, then maybe people will believe it's true, just like how they try to pin the fiasco at Benghazi, Libya on Hillary Clinton. I wish that he could have accomplished more, and not have had a presidential kill list for drone strikes...


Well, I've rambled on and have not even touched on the events I wanted to comment on. Next post, I guess... Right now I have to go and take a shower and get ready for my cat, who likes to curl up on my lap every afternoon for his nap, and it becomes my nap time, too... This Spring he has been bringing in a bumper crop of field mice and baby bunnies, proudly displaying their bodies laid out on the front lawn, terrifying the neighborhood children...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I always try to respond...