Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Synchronized Attacks in Mumbai


From now until the end of the year there will be increasing bombings and acts of terrorism throughout the Middle East. They think this will discourage the Western Coalition from continuing their military actions, anger people back home enough to withdraw troops, and demoralize the local enemies of whatever sect they are aiming against.


Some reactions from people all over the world to the bombings in Mumbai, India, where attacks killed over 100 people, injured 300 more, and took hostages of British and American citizens:

"I'm waiting to hear about how these terrorists must be poor oppressed misunderstood freedom fighters... In reality these radicals reinforce Obama's view that the center of terrorism is in North West Pakistan. What Bush was doing in Iraq I will never understand. My heart goes out to the victims and to the Indian people at large be they Hindu or Muslim. As someone who witnessed 9/11 first hand I encourage the people of India to stand strong, not to cow to barbarism, and not to take the bate - don't let them make you hate. Let them drown in their own hatred. I hope Obama and the Indian government can partner to tackle Islamic terrorism in south east Asia moving forward. My thoughts are with the people of India."
Luke, New York, United States

"Unfortunately this kind of attack is increasing through recent years. we the people of indian sub-continent (regardless of country) condemn this kind of attack. indian government also does the same. but additonally indian govt. blame banglades or pakistan for assistance to such types of ''terrorist'' attack ( without any reasonable ground). as a result- the truth remain uncovered."
arju, dhaka, Bangladesh

"Sadly yet again another group with "Islamist" connections are claiming responsibility for more outrages. I just cannot see how this can be justified or how it can be stopped. There has to be some change of attitude somehow at high levels in the Muslim community towards those who use violence in the name of Islam. Is there nobody who can speak out with enough weight against these men of violence?
At the time of Muhammed (PBUH) Islam may have needed to be violent to defend itself, but that is not the case now!"

nedrauk, Manchester, Great Britain (UK)

"Not knowing who is behind this atrocity all I can do is offer my sincere condolences to those that have lost ones, and hope the wounded are better soon. I would have thought irrespective of culture, colour or religious beliefs we supposedly civilised people could have learnt to share this planet in peace. Instead we constantly seem to be at war with one another. Instead of putting resources into making this planet a better place to live for all its inhabitants, more and more money is invested in manufacturing weapons and bombs to destroy life, what a sad sadistic world we live in."
ROBERT HENDERSON, WELLS, SOMERSET, Great Britain (UK)

"How can a little unknown terrorist outfit by pass all that security and create such a well planned coordinated attacks.This clearly indicates that India seriously should look in to its domestic issues and not outside.Lapse in security cannot be an excuse it seems well orchestrated.What really baffles us viewers is that the terrorism experts giving their two sense worth without understanding the basics of the attacks.It certainly needs lot more terrorists to carryout such a massive attack .How did hundreads of them simply slip intelligence and walk in to buildings just overnight.Any human with some sense of mind can understand this logic.As for experts they should keep their mouth shut if they cannot figure out a thing.We the people are not stupid to listen to all the old tales that we have been outpoured for the past 8 years since the Bush Administration came in to power.This seem to be a new issue and something only India can deal with."
shyamalee, singapore, Singapore

"I am a Muslim and my religion has nothing to do with terrorism. This attack is far from what Muslims stand for. It is nothing but a inhuman act of cruelty. A criminal is just that regardless of his colour, creed and nationality. Labeling this criminal acts to my religion is offensive. How can Christians feel if it is reported that .. "Another Christian father raped his daughters for more than two decades with 19 pregnancies....". And that is what actually happened in England and before that in Austria. I am sure there would have been a world wide pout cry. Yet western journalists never think twice to label Islam with any terror act where ever it happens."
Deeq, Cardiff, United Kingdom

"I am a Mumbaikar, I was born here. I was safely at home last night when I saw the entire thing unfold on TV. I knew all the places which were attacked, I had been there many times. Cafe Leopold was a restaurant I went to many times with my friends and I saw pictures of blood pools on the floor.
There's not much else I can say except that I consider myself very lucky to have been home and I can't fathom how people with loved ones, who had actually witnessed the attacks who lost people they knew must have felt. I strongly condemn the people responsible for these attacks. Mumbai has seen terrorists attacks before but nothing as extensive and for many, middle-class people, personal as this."
Arthur S., Mumbai, India

"My heart goes out to the families who have been effected... this is barbarism... i wish these weapons of mass destruction never came into existence in the first place...Question is: How many more lives do these blood-thirsty cannibals need?? Will the terrorists (or their masterminds more importantly) ever meet their true fate in this world...No matter what we will never get back the precious lives we have lost in such attacks...I beg for peace in God's name!!"
the-struggler, Islamabad, Pakistan

Please be thankful for the loved ones you have, and pray for peace and an end to these conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I always try to respond...