Friday, April 10, 2009

Karl Rove and the Oral Arguments for Teabagging


Paul Krugman
Joe Klein

"There is some who say that perhaps freedom is not universal. Maybe it's only Western people that can self-govern. Maybe it's only, you know, white-guy Methodists who are capable of self-government. I reject that notion." -- George W. Bush


Rebecca Sinderbrand from CNN reports on the latest attack from Karl Rove, who has been in the media quite a bit lately. He's not content writing a column for the WSJ, and is rushing to defend Dick Cheney: "Karl Rove fired the latest volley in the increasingly brutal war of words between Joe Biden and former Bush administration officials, calling the vice president a “serial exaggerator” and a “liar” over recent comments to CNN about former President Bush.

“He’s a serial exaggerator. If I was being unkind I’d say he’s a liar, but it is a habit he ought to drop,” Rove, who also called Biden a “blowhard,” told FOX News Thursday night.

On Tuesday, the vice president criticized his predecessor Dick Cheney's recent comments about some of the Obama administration's foreign policy decisions. He also told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer and Gloria Borger that former President Bush had described himself as a leader during a private Oval Office meeting, and Biden had replied: “Mr. President, turn and around look behind you. No one is following.”

Rove said Thursday the incident was fiction, and that Biden and Bush had never been alone together. “You’ll notice every one of these incidents has the same structure,” he said. “Joe Biden courageously raises the impudent question, the president befuddledly answers, and Joe Biden drives home the dramatic response. I mean, it’s his imagination. It’s a made-up, fictional world. He oughta get back to it and get back to reality.”

“…You should not exaggerate and lie like this when you are the Vice President of the United States.”
But it's OK if you occupy any other position, like Karl did. He is such a hypocrite, being the father of all political campaign lies... at least his mentor apologized before dying of cancer of all of the dirty tricks and lies he had manufactured...

This coming Wednesday, Colorado Springs will host their version of the tea party. Why they can't drive the 30 minutes up to Denver is a mystery to me, but at noon in Acacia Park the locals will gather. I couldn't find out if anybody was signed up to speak or not. The best thing is that they are asking for a non-perishable food donation for a local food bank.

I still wonder if the organizers know that the term "tea-bagging" is used in reference to a special act of oral sex. As a guy, I take delight in the use and application, so I will be on the lookout for those special activists teabagging in the crowd... Oh, I am so jealous, and, in the immortal words of Joe the Plumber "It makes me kinda horny."

Anyway, I spent all morning looking at teabag sites and have culled some of the more interesting comments from the other participants, which I provide here for your interest. The important thing is the catharsis events like this get out, conservatives get a chance to blow off steam that otherwise might lead to violence or some lone gunman shooting policemen or perfect strangers in a wilding incident...

"In Colorado, we have the right to bear arms if we can legally purchase it. The only rule is that it must be visible from three sides. I move that we exercise our rights on this day, perhaps a rifle over the shoulder is a better message than a quip on a piece of poster board.
This is a peaceful, demonstration, I will remind everyone who reads it."


"I think this is the peaceful way to do this. If it were back at the older Tea Party they would be grouping with Pitch Forks. Under the Liberty Tree !! Too bad things have gone this far. I’m a Handicaper but may be able to help out just need to talk with someone. E mail for Mtg. Times. I’m in Colorado Springs. I heard about Fox News doing this, are you connected to that movement?? Thank you"

"Seeing as how I come from a family of revolutionaries (directly descended from Robert Emerson Newman, who hung the lanterns for Paul Revere), some of whom were Minutemen, I should show up."

"I have emailed this website to my entire address book consisting of individuals across the country. If everyone would do the same we can cover most of the responsible people in this country! Who needs the MSM??? DO IT NOW!!!"

"My family and I will be in Colorado Springs with my “don’t tread on me” flag which I hear qualifies me as a domestic terrorist. Oh well."

"Remember guys, these events are meant to be apolitical in the sense that we aren’t advocating for or against one party. One party might hypothetically stand for the same principles you or I do, but government expanded under George Bush and a Republican-led congress before Obama, Reid, and Pelosi got their crack at it. I would suggest your signs be tied to issues rather than people or parties."

"I will go to the 4/15 tea party but folks, the new administration is getting more frightening everyday and the media is not going to make a big deal about our tea parties. We have to call, email and bombard our representatives day in and day out. It isn’t just the spending and taxing either. They are trying to create a mandatory, domestic “army” that every person between 18 and 25 would be forced to take part in. They would have to go to a boot camp and be put to work doing community service against their will. Can you imagine the brain washing that would be happening to entire generations? This must be stopped!"

"Maybe if people came with pitch forks and such … the news media might see we’re serious … Hang in effigy a few politicians - Obama, Pelosi, etc. Otherwise … you may have noticed previous tea parties (a few weeks back) were completely ignored by all but FOX News … Be outrageous or be ignored …"

"I will attend in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, or Canon City. Our country is SUCH A MESS! The liberals, gays, lesbiens, are trying to take away OUR RIGHTS! Go figure!"

"PLEASE JOIN the Tea Party of choice and have a good time. Be friendly and on your best behavior. It’s a party! We want to reflect all genuine, traditional American citizens–hard working, generous, decent, thoughtful, collegial and law-abiding. Humor is welcome. There’s strength in numbers.
DON’t imitate the 60’s radicals and lefties who were obnoxious. Their demonstrations were divisive, loud and spit in the face of authority, taunted police and the National Guard to the breaking point, and disrespected veterans in despicable ways."

"The leader of the colorado springs tea party is so closed minded. not only that but is so blind that She didn’t even realize that she violated my 1st amendment rights. After a talk we had she removed me from the social network because we have different views. She accused me of being the enemy. this is after I got local law enforcement and the A.C.L.U. to be behind us during the party. But I’m the enemy, This person is miss guided and not very well informed about the cause that she is getting behind."

"highly suggest leaving the guns out for two reasons. First, most of these tea parties will be at or march to a government facility of some sort and having a weapon in those places is illegal. Second, the media will focus solely on the guns if they see it or hear about it and the meaning of the tea party will be lost.
However, a 2nd Amendment march could be in order if the gun grabbers begin crying for gun control after the recent rash of shootings. But that should be an entirely different discussion thread."

"Everyone who attends should be aware of our esteemed opponents placing ringers in the audience to set us up for a scam that they hope will go viral on the Web.
Liberals may try to blend into the honest audience and push, trip or otherwise assault you, or intimidate you using any number of means. Bring video cameras and have them running and scanning all the time so the video can be used in court. Watch for them to hide nasty signs and posters under their outer clothing. Watch for them to suddenly produce KKK signs, baby killer signs, and other forms of noxious buffoonery. And watch for them carrying weapons, feces, urine, and other problematic items."


"Hey Obama,
Change this!!
Oh by the way, I ain’t apologizing or bowing to anyone for anything. I’m Christian, Capitalist and a citizen of the greatest country the world has ever seen…..and proud of it. I’ll be there on my Harley with thousands of my closest friends. And for all you bed wetting, commie, pinko liberals please come on down…I’d be delighted to chat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting. I always try to respond...