DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:
- Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
- Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
- Exaggerating your achievements and talents
- Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
- Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
- Requiring constant admiration
- Having a sense of entitlement
- Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
- Taking advantage of others to get what you want
- Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
- Being envious of others and believing others envy you
- Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner
To qualify for a diagnoses, you need to have at least six out of the nine mentioned above. Donald fulfills all of them. This is why Barack Obama and others have been saying that he doesn't have the healthy mentality required for the office. It also has nothing to do if you are a Hillary supporter or not... A person can function having this disorder, it is quite common among CEO's of large corporations and military generals, but we need to think twice if we want someone acting out in full blown crazy mode in charge of our military and has the nuclear codes and said previously that he might use them. There is medication that helps, maybe it would tone Donald down, make him more tolerable...
It certainly would be a first in modern history that a presidential candidate is forced to be checked out by a shrink. There are many Republicans who are getting off the Trump train, especially after he refused to support Paul Ryan and John McCain, who are both up for re-election, and was abusive and dismissive towards a Muslim family who lost their son by a roadside bomb a few years ago...
The creepy part is that Rudy Guiliani and Newt Gingrich are considered two people who has the most clout with The Donald... I thought that I wouldn't write about Mr. Trump for awhile, but he keeps on shooting himself in his feet, it's amazing that he has any toes left... But then, he still goes out and gets large crowds whose adulation and energy he can feed off of, and they may well clap and cheer at him as he continues to spiral down into a paranoid, narcissistic hell...